While we can get some perspective of Carbon nanotubes’technology as well as it’s applications with energy storage devices from the overviews in previous paragraphs of this report, the patent filings around this technology help cover some more angles in this area.IP activity and patent data are great indicators of exactly what is happening in this space and could help uncover several insights while answering questions that manufacturers, technology enthusiasts, inventors, scientists, investors and others would seek answers to.
- When did IP activity around this technology start picking up and is it still showing a strong increase?
- Where are most of these filings coming from?
- Who are the top assignees of patents in this field?
- Who are the key innovators?
IP Activity or Publication Trend
What has been the IP publication trend for Carbon Nanotubes?
The patent publication trend in the form of a bar graph shows activity from as early as the 1960’s and 1970’s, although the number of filings remained relatively low all the way up till the year 2000. From 2001 which saw a jump to over 100 patents published, there were huge leaps in the patents published with every year till 2007 which saw more than 880 patents. There has been a slight dip since then but overall, the patents published around carbon nanotubes in energy storage device has remained high and looks to be going strong.
Top Assignee Trends
Who have been the top assignees or the key players for carbon nanotubes?
The Top Assignees are:
1. Samsung Group
2. NEC Corporation
3. Toyota Group
4. Sony Corporation
5. Panasonic Corporation
6. Showa Denko Group
7. Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.
8. Honda Motor Co Ltd.
9. Canon Inc
10. Sumitomo Group
11. Casio Computer Ltd.
12. Massachusetts Institute Of Technology
13. Commissariat A Lenergie Atomique
14. Mitsubishi Pencil Co Ltd.
15. California Institute of Technology
16. LG Corporation
17. Fujifilm Corporation
18. Energy Conversion Devices
19. Polyplus Battery Company
20. General Electric
You can download / view complete report here
No Toc Available
- Request latest report with new advancement in the field of Carbon Nanotube in Energy Storage Devices for a fee.Fill the form by clicking here and our executive will get in touch with you.and our executive will get in touch with you .
Patent Landscape Report on Carbon Nanotubes in Energy Storage Devices