With the help of Patent iNSIGHT Pro, we will analyze the patent data around Robotic Arm to find answers to the following:
- What does the IP publication trend for Robotic Arm look like and how have the filings evolved?
- Who are the top assignees or key players in Robotic Arm and what are their technology wise trends?
- How is research in Robotic Arm spread across different countries?
- How is the Assignee portfolio spread across different robot types?
- How are Key Assignees filing across different IPC?
- Which parts are used across different types of robots?
To get deeper insights the patent set has been classified as follows:
By Robot Types
- Anthropomorphic Robots
- Articulated Robots
- Cartesian/ Gantry Robots
- Cylindrical Robots
- Industrial Robots
- Parallel Robots
- SCARA Robots
- Spherical/ Polar Robots
By Applications of Robotic Arms
- Material Handling
- Other Industrial Applications
By Parts of Robotic Arms
- End Effectors
The illustration below shows the different categories prepared and the number of records in each.The categorization involved defining a search strategy for each topic and then conducting the search using the Advanced Searching capability in Patent iNSIGHT Pro. Details of search strings used for each category are given in Appendix B.
What has been the IP publication trend for Robotic Arms?
Patents related to robotic arms can be traced back to 1951 and the real surge in the activity around this technology has happened in the last 5 to 6 years. Noticeably there was an increase in publications from 2007 onwards. It’s clear the current activity around these technologies is likely to continue seeing more innovation in the near future.
Who have been the top assignees or the key players within this industry?1. FANUC CORP
2. TOSHIBA CORP
3. HONDA MOTOR CO LTD
4. PANASONIC CORP
4. HITACHI GROUP
5. ABB AB
6. HANSEN MEDICAL INC
7. FARO TECHNOLOGIES INC
9. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD
10. KUKA ROBOTER GMBH11. MITSUBISHI GROUP
12. YASAKAWA ELECTRIC CORP
13. CANON INC
14. YAMAHA CORP
15. DENSO CORP
16. TOYOTA GROUP
17. INTUTITIVE SURGICAL INC
18. SIEMENS AG
19. COMMISSARIAT ALENERGIE
20. KAWASAKI HEAVY IND LTD
How is research in Robotic arm spread across different countries?
In terms of regional pockets where patent protection is being sought most frequently for these technologies, JP leads the count, followed by the US and DE. The table below ranks top priority countries and helps provide an indication of where innovation in this area is originating:
No Toc Available
Request an updated report in the field of Robotics Arm for a fee.Fill the form by clicking here .
Patent Analytics Report on Robotic Arms