Nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) are devices integrating electrical and mechanical functionality on the nanoscale. NEMS form the logical next miniaturization step from so-called electromechanical system, or MEMS devices. NEMS typically integrate transistor-like nanoelectronics with mechanical actuators, pumps, or motors, and may thereby form physical, biological, and chemical sensors. The name derives from typical device dimensions in the nanometer range, leading to low mass, high mechanical resonance frequencies, potentially large quantum mechanical effects such as zero point motion, and a high surface-to-volume ratio useful for surface-based sensing mechanisms.
Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) also referred to as micro-electro-mechanical, MicroElectroMechanical or microelectronic and microelectromechanical systems) is the technology of very small devices; it merges at the nano-scale into nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) and nanotechnology. MEMS are also referred to as micromachines, or micro systems technology – MST.
MEMS & NEMS based micropumps and microneedles are extensively used. These help to administer accurate doses effectively. Sensors and different communication techniques are used to felicitate the precise diagnosis and treatment.
With the help of Patent iNSIGHT Pro, we will analyze the patent data around miniature drug delivery to find answers to the following:
• What does the IP publication trend for miniature drug delivery look like and how have the filings evolved?
• Who are the top assignees or key players in miniature drug delivery and what are their technology wise trends?
• How is research in miniature drug delivery spread across different countries?
• What are the different types of sensors used by various companies?
• How different methods of drug delivery used for various applications?
• How is the company portfolio spread across different applications?
To get deeper insights the patent set has been classified as follows:Methods-Drug Delivery
• Stacked ConfigurationCommunication System
• Radio Frequency (RF)
• Blood Infection
• Coronary Artery Disease
• Dermal Disorder
• Peripheral Vascular Disease
• Traversing Alimentary Tract
The illustration below shows the different categories prepared and the number of records in each. The categorization involved defining a search strategy for each topic and then conducting the search using the Advanced Searching capability in Patent iNSIGHT Pro. Details of search strings used for each category are given in Appendix A.
What has been the IP publication trend for miniature drug delivery system?
Who have been the top assignees or the key players within this industry?
The top assignees are:
1. MEDTRONIC INC
2. CARDIAC PACEMAKERS INC
3. PHILIPS CORP
4. ABBOTT LAB
5. PACESETTER INC
6. NOVO NORDISK AS
7. BAXTER INTERNATIONAL INC
8. MICROCHIPS INC
9. SANOFI SA
10. ALZA CORP11. BECTON DICKINSON & CO
12. MILUX HOLDING SA
13. UNIV SHANGHAI
14. SEARETE LLC
15. 3M CO
16. ROCHE HOLDING AG
17. BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP
18. UNIV CALIFORNIA
19. DEXCOM INC
20. UNIV TSINGHUA
How is research around miniature drug delivery spread across different countries?
In terms of regional pockets where patent protection is being sought most frequently for these technologies, US leads the count, followed by the CN and EP .The table below ranks top priority countries and helps provide an indication of where innovation in this area is originating:
Country Code Total
No Toc Available
- Request an updated report in the field of Miniature Drug Delivery System for a fee.Fill the form by clicking here .
Patent Analytics Report on Miniature Drug Delivery System