In the current market scenario, packaging provides the most important first point of contact by which a company presents its products to consumers. Innovation in packaging designs and colors is taking places brands jostle for shelf appeal and space. Important types of packaging include Active, Intelligent or smart and green etc.
Active, intelligent and green are terms used to describe innovative packaging technologies developed to prolong the shelf life, enhance the quality and safety of food and protect the environment. Conventional passive packaging systems protect the food product only from external environmental hazards. These new technologies are used to modify and monitor the internal and external food environment and provide multiple barriers or hurdles to protect food.
Active packaging materials change the condition of the packaged food product and are designed to extend shelf life, improve safety and/or enhance sensory properties in foods and beverages, while maintaining the quality of the packaged food.
Intelligent or smart packaging systems monitor the internal and/or external conditions of a product through its life cycle and communicate the quality to a particular user
Green packaging initiatives are meeting consumer desires for packaging that is earth friendly, biodegradable and/or compostable and made from renewable resources
With the help of Patent iNSIGHT Pro, we will analyze the patent data around packaging to find answers to the following:
• What does the IP publication trend for Packaging look like and how have the filings evolved?
• Who are the top companies in the packaging industry and what are their technology wise trends?
• How is research in packaging spread across different countries?
• Which companies hold the maximum inventions across different types of materials used in packaging?
• What are the different packaging processes used by various companies?
• How are the companies spread across different Packaging types?
• Which packaging materials are used across different food formulations?
a) Food Types
b) Medical Types
a) Food Types
b) Medical Types
• Intelligent/ Smart
By Food Formulations:
b) Other Beverages
• Dairy Products
• Meat Items
- a) Livestock
By Medical Formulations:
• Freeze drying
• Modified Atmosphere
• Amorphous Polyethylene Terephthalate
• Biodegradable Materials
- a) Cardboard
• Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol
- a) Aluminium
b) Other Metals
• Other Polymers
d) Other Plastics
• Polyethylene Glycol
• Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol
• Polylactic Acid
• Polyvinyl Alcohol
• Polyvinyl Chloride
• Polyvinylidene Chloride
The illustration below shows the different categories prepared and the number of records in each. The categorization involved defining a search strategy for each topic and then conducting the search using the Advanced Searching capability in Patent iNSIGHT Pro. Details of search strings used for each category are given in Appendix B.
What has been the IP publication trend for Packaging?
Who have been the top companies within the packaging industry?1. TETRA LAVAL GROUP
2. KRAFT FOODS INC
3. NAUCHNO ISSLEDOVATELSKIJ INSTITUT
4. NESTLE SA
5. GENERAL MILLS INC
6. KVASENKOV OLEG IVANOVICH
7. PROCTER & GAMBLE
8. CRYOVAC INC
9. PEPSICO INC
10. FRES-CO SYSTEM USA INC11. ECOLAB INC
12. KUBAN STATE UNIVERSITY
13. TOPPAN PRINTING CO LTD
14. UNILEVER NV
16. HENKEL CORP
17. ABBOTT LABORATORIES
18. ALCAN TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT LTD
19. CJ CHEILJEDANG CORP
20. ROBERT BOSCH GMBH
No Toc Available
Request an updated report in the field of Food and Medicine Packaging for a fee.Fill the form by clicking here .
Patent Analytics Report on Food and Medicine Packaging