IP activity and patent data are great indicators of exactly what is happening in this space and could help uncover several insights while answering questions that manufacturers, technology enthusiasts, inventors, scientists, investors and others would seek answers to.
- When did research into cloud computing start gaining momentum?
- Who are the key players in this space?
- Who are the key innovators? How do their patents compare?
Looking into this will also help provide an idea of how this trend of cloud computing is growing and what we can expect to see in the future of both computing requirements as well as the way we as consumers will pay for what is now comparable to commodities.
The following are some insights generated through analysis of a patent set using the Patent iNSIGHT Pro software.
What has been the IP publication trend for Billing Technologies within Cloud Computing?
The patent publication trend in the form of a bar graph shows activity in this field surface from the late 90’s, start picking up from the year 2000 and then really start to spike in the last 3 years with over 100 patents published in 2008, over 220 in 2009 and then climb much further through the start of this current year. It’s clear the current activity around these billing technologies is likely to continue seeing more innovation in the near future.
Top Assignee Trends
Who have been the top assignees or the key players for cloud computing billing technologies?
The top assignees are:1. AT&T INC.
3. SAP AG
4. MICROSOFT CORP
5. ORACLE COR
6. VERIZON COMMUNICATONS INC.
7. ALCATEL – LUCENT
8. HEWLETT-PACKARD CO.
9. AMERICAN EXPRESS CO.
10. GENERAL ELECTRIC CO.11. CENTURYLINK INC.
13. PITNEY BOWES INC.
14. SONY CORP
15. WALKER DIGITAL LLC.
16. EBAY INC.
17. JPMORGAN CHASE & CO.
18. QUALCOMM INC.
19. SYNCADA LLC
20. CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORP
You can download / view complete report here
No Toc Available
- Request latest report with new advancement in the field of Billing Technologies in Cloud Computing for a fee.Fill the form by clicking here Fill the form by clicking here and our executive will get in touch with you.and our executive will get in touch with you .
Patent Landscape Report on Billing Technologies in Cloud Computing